Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kaiser is pumped about the pen...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2001
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Riggan, Wright, Shuey, Rincon, Riske, DePaula, Wickman, Wohlers.

    That, my friends, has the potential to be one helluva bullpen. The ????? are with Wright, DePaula, and Shuey's health.

    Even without them that is one solid pen. Just imagine how good it'll be if Wright can tear them up one inning at a time.... If DePaula can regain his form.... If Shuey stays healthy....

    All of them are back-end setup relievers and many have closer type stuff.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bye!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2001
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree about the bullpen. They also have Radinski and R. Smith. Radinski didn't pitch well but they do say it takes about a year and a half to completely recover for TJ surgery. Maybe he'll be ready to pitch in the majors by June.

    Smith has looked great in Akron and Buffalo, but didn't pitch well when he got to the big team, but lots of young pitchers bomb out their 1st exposure to the bigs.

    They also believe that Martinez (I think that's his name) may be called up by July. Personally, I think DePaula could be better than them all if he completely recovers.

    I still think they may deal Shuey sometime between now and the end of ST.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member the teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2001
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd feel better about the pen with another lefty in the mix someplace.

    ------------------
    Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Bye!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2001
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the teacher:
    I'd feel better about the pen with another lefty in the mix someplace.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think that will be addressed before they break camp.


    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •